Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crash and Burn - What Not To Do When Meeting on Craigslist Part 2

Meeting women on Craigslist is not always successful. I just recently crashed and burned with a woman I'd been working on for the past 4 days. Everything was going great the 2 first two days - we were going back and forth on email and at the moment, she seemed like one of the best women on Craigslist. Her replies were direct and inquisitive and most of all she wanted to know more. I received her picture and she was an attractive 27 yr old girl, glasses and everything. The ad pushed her buttons and she wanted to know exactly who was this guy capable of writing an ad that would attract her attention of all people.

But I made a fatal mistake.

I read her wrong and fucked everything up.

I broke one of the golden rules about replying to a Craigslist ad - I didn't read her email properly and sent a completely idiotic reply and she got me. I'm not going to go into the details of what I wrote in the email reply back to Craigslist woman, but I was toast. Something about showing my true colors (what?) and that she's used me for all I was worth (huh?).

Maybe it was best this one got away. Sometimes that cute one isn't necessarily matched up with the most stable of personalities. And there are a few more that I'm working on at the moment and its been a few days since I posted my last ad.

So, in order to not crash and burn meeting women on Craigslist like I did, re-read her email replies. Over and over until you understand exactly what she is saying to you and what she wants you to say back to her. Her reply to me was only one line - my mistake was inexcusable but the only thing I can do moving forward is to not repeat this same online dating mistake again.

1 comment:

  1. Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better. See the link below for more info.


    #burn
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete